Congratulations! You have completed the first step to stopping foreclosure but you must keep going!
This form is available online so you can print it out, read it, fill out the necessary forms and return it to our office. Included in the Client Package are the following:
- Scope of Services – Explains what we do and how we do it. It include a diagram of what the debtors’ option are once they fall behind on their mortgage.
- Authorization to Release Information – This form is sent to your lenders alerting them that you will be working with our Agency and giving your lender permission to speak with our staff.
- Hardship Letter – This gives the debtor an opportunity to explain what happened in their life to get them to this point where they are at risk of losing their home. This is a confidential letter that will only be read by the Foreclosure Intervention Advisor at Homestead Solutions, Inc. (HSI) assigned to your case and the Loss Mitigator at the bank. This letter must be dated, signed and explain in as much detail as possible the situation. Please feel free to include any supporting documentation with this letter. Click here to read Sample Hardship Letters.
- Financial Statement – This gives your Foreclosure Intervention Advisor at HSI an idea of what kind of income is coming into the household and where the money is being spent. Extra time should be spent to ensure that this is filled out as correctly as possible.
- Level 1 Action Plan – This outlines the steps that need to be taken prior to meeting with one of our Foreclosure Intervention Advisors. It also details the additional documentation you will need to collect and provide to us in order for us to begin the process of stopping the foreclosure.